GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

14 hours ago, BillyC said:

Hopefully in our state that they go after the sleaze and the gypsy. Without plea deals (unless they are too unlawful to pass over).  Kinda wondering how long this case took until the sentences were handed down.

I would imagine they started getting investigated not long after hurricane Michael hit town on Oct. 10th 2018. That's when the confusion started. There is money to be made in confusion and these crooks obviously took advantage of the confusion.  Tons of money was handed out for the cleanup after the storm and there is very few people who are actually in control of it at the time.  Sooner or later the plusses and minuses are found. These people amaze me. they think they are smart enough to hold a public office but they are too damn dumb when they think nobody will catch them stealing. 

20 hours ago, fedup said:

These people amaze me. they think they are smart enough to hold a public office but they are too damn dumb when they think nobody will catch them stealing

Yes. In their minds they are certain they are smarter than everyone else. They are not. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, des said:

Wow he stands to get almost one million dollars in a buyout if it’s approved. And everyone is quiet. Can’t believe it.

Sadly....this is only on the local level.  Who didn't see this coming??  Herm has been in the news - and not for good reasons - for years.  

Wonder if Herm takes Ambien to sleep well at night?

1 hour ago, des said:

Wow he stands to get almost one million dollars in a buyout if it’s approved. And everyone is quiet. Can’t believe it.

He'll probably need at least $600000 + to repay those whose money he stole.

1 hour ago, des said:

I agree. I can't believe people are not more outraged. I think attention spans are too short and people cannot focus on things for very long.  

I am anxious to see how the baseball fields with their separate accounting system tie into this mess. Who knew they weren't part of the city budget?

Actually the city is probably going to end up bankrupt over this. Budget isn't close to being balanced and they missed a payment into the city workers pension fund last week because of no money. A lot of these issues would not have happened if the council would of done what they were elected to do when all this started. Get rid of the sleazy solicitor that keeps giving bad advice to council and they just seem to drink up what she tells them to do.

4 hours ago, gc said:

I agree. I can't believe people are not more outraged. I think attention spans are too short and people cannot focus on things for very long.  

I am anxious to see how the baseball fields with their separate accounting system tie into this mess. Who knew they weren't part of the city budget?

BINGO!!!!!

7 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

I can't believe they are talking about buying his contract out. Hasn't he takin enough money from the city? Fire his ass and throw him in jail. You know they would if it was you. Or are they afraid  we will find out who else may be involved in his scam?

His contract with its $64,000 bonuses? What on earth entitles someone to get a bonus like that from the taxpayers money?  I question if council was getting their own bonuses of sorts that we don't know about.   Why else would they stay at a "thankless job" this long? 

NOW more charges againstt Herme  ???  

This will lead to more " legal fees paid by the citizens " , so now they ( but WHY NOT HAVE A HIRING FREEZE ? 

are looking for financil advisor when they have a CPA firm on board .....so hire all the collaborators so the legal fees are paid for them  as employees .....the citizens and the AG`S lawyers are on to the TONNEY and Jonherm schemes to break THE TOWN BANK . ..

new hire applicants should be many,  and reviewed by a panel of town citizens OPENLY !!  .....`nuff said !!

4 hours ago, des said:

Here’s a new thought. Ask ms cherry why the work has stopped at the pain clinic her husband was putting by sav a lot . All work stopped around when this all started. 

Maybe her husband left and went to Florida.

5 hours ago, Polo said:

What I'm confused about is why would the City be obligated to pay out an employment contract if the employee was in breach of the contract?  Said employee is not performing the assisgned duties, so, contract is breached, therefore, no payout.

Because the degenerate solicitor Ms Cherry has convinced the council it would be in their best interest to do so. She could care less what us common folk taxpayers think. It's all about her and the former deadbeat manager.

7 new charges why would you buy him out let alone give him a bonus.if most of the residents said no we don’t think so why would they they were put there by the residents. Why isn’t there a push to get all to resign.

On 3/20/2023 at 3:58 PM, Basset3 said:

"Herm" is out on an unsecured bond of $100,000; formal arraignment is on April 12, 2023.

Where did he ever get the nickname "Herm".....I venture to guess.

Another 7 months on the lamb. Anybody else would have been arraigned sooner. And to give a guess why the council is protecting Herm? Remember the infamous trip to Vegas with Scarnati to get campaign money. Then he got landslided in the PRIMARY.   Paybacks are tough. Including his followers.

4 hours ago, des said:

7 new charges why would you buy him out let alone give him a bonus.if most of the residents said no we don’t think so why would they they were put there by the residents. Why isn’t there a push to get all to resign.

Been asking since he was first arrested. The whole council including the degenerate needs all new hearing aids. Because they apparently are unable to hear the citizens asking them to move along.

16 hours ago, BillyC said:

Because the degenerate solicitor Ms Cherry has convinced the council it would be in their best interest to do so. She could care less what us common folk taxpayers think. It's all about her and the former deadbeat manager.

I don't think they should pay out another penny.  They need to wait and see how things come out.  If he comes out innocent, then reinstate him or pay a settlement.  If he's guilty, notta. (meaning not a darn cent)