GoDuBois.com

Two write in Candidates for DuBois City Council

Pappy

For the write in vote I saw a couple people who will be running as write in candidates. If you want to vote on them, then you should use the name they used when they called the election office.

Jennifer Jackson who owns Brady Street is running and you should write this in

Also Pat Reasinger is running and that is what you should write in if you want them in office and live DuBois.

here is an article

https://www.connectradio.fm/news/two-write-in-candidates-declare-for-dubois-city-council

• 2 weeks later...

I hear "the establishment" is mounting a smear campaign against at least one of the write-in candidates for "sins" committed over 30 years ago. 

The woman owned her mistake--which turns out to not be a mistake given the outcome.  And has been honest and forthright about other mistakes or missteps she has made.

The only perfect human died on the cross.  

Shame on those that would attempt to disparage her.  I would rather work with someone that can own their mistakes than attempt to cover them up.  

35 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

I hear "the establishment" is mounting a smear campaign against at least one of the write-in candidates for "sins" committed over 30 years ago. 

The woman owned her mistake--which turns out to not be a mistake given the outcome.  And has been honest and forthright about other mistakes or missteps she has made.

Shame on those that would attempt to disparage her.  I would rather work with someone that can own their mistakes than attempt to cover them up.  

Especially complaining  about having a property she owns reassessed. Many property owners have done that and you are stupid not to do it.   

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Especially complaining  about having a property she owns reassessed. Many property owners have done that and you are stupid not to do it.   

https://www.facebook.com/BradyStreetFlorist/videos/766833654834580

She addresses this in this video around the 2:12 mark. I would suggest watching the whole video it is only 4:14 long and she talks about the flower pots as well.

Wish I lived in DuBois to write her name in. Like I said before I do not know her personally. I have only purchased flowers from her shop and just did recently and had them delivered to my wife for our anniversary.

You want change then get the word out DuBois there are three write in candidates and you can write their names in both Republican and Democrat ballots.

Pat Reasinger for Mayor

Jennifer Jackson for city council

Elliot Gelfand for city council

8 minutes ago, Gator11 said:

https://www.facebook.com/BradyStreetFlorist/videos/766833654834580

She addresses this in this video around the 2:12 mark. I would suggest watching the whole video it is only 4:14 long and she talks about the flower pots as well.

Wish I lived in DuBois to write her name in. Like I said before I do not know her personally. I have only purchased flowers from her shop and just did recently and had them delivered to my wife for our anniversary.

You want change then get the word out DuBois there are three write in candidates and you can write their names in both Republican and Democrat ballots.

Pat Reasinger for Mayor

Jennifer Jackson for city council

Elliot Gelfand for city council

She is fighting a particularly hateful and vicious person who has attacked me and the BUDS Gardeners several times.  I left the group I created because of her but hopefully she stays the course and makes some constructive things happen for DuBois.  

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

I guess those without sin can cast the first stone! Sounds like sour grapes over the flowers. Weren't the Garden Club asking for volunteers because the group was small and older members? She has my vote!

44 minutes ago, Gold Brick said:

I guess those without sin can cast the first stone! Sounds like sour grapes over the flowers. Weren't the Garden Club asking for volunteers because the group was small and older members? She has my vote!

I didn't listen to what Jen said but I have her rather viscous emails where she admitted removing spring flowers from the pots and disparaged 26 years of hard work on the part of some dedicated volunteers. Volunteer who did what no one else would do free of charge plus having bought all the pots and plants. We have tens of thousands of dollars in these areas over the years.   Also the police report of her harassment. Want to see them? Maybe our budget for each area?

The Beautification Committee has 2 members Eddie Tate and Jen Jackson. This came from the interim director of the Downtown Group. Are they going to take over the care of the City Building, the library and Pershing Lot and the 4 beds on the walkway? DTEGC might be on the small side because we ask our member to work, but we have quite a few more members than that.  What if we take our "sour grapes elsewhere? Those areas would be overgrown with weeds in 2 months. We would have welcomed the help if she had asked. She didn't.  We stay out of politics but anyone who would attack a group of volunteers who have asked for noting and have given so much of their time to beautify the community is pretty low. Proof in writing. I have it. Opinion isn't fact. 

Oh, and if anyone is saying that we do a lousy job check the pictures of the beds on our facebook page.  

The much disparaged Pershing Lot on which we do such a lousy job.

brady.jpg

In my "never to be humble" opinion...the people that are attacking this kind and generous lady are very afraid of her. There are VERY FEW folks that have never made poor judgments, in their youth, but to have the courage to overcome those judgments is rare. I would vote for Jen Jackson in a heartbeat over the current crop of city government officials that appear to be corrupt or incompetent or both.

You go Jen!!! Don't let them intimidate you!!

No one would ever discredit what the Down to Earth Garden Club has done for DuBois, or the way it has been done.  The problem is communication and doing it efficiently and gently.  Individuals are the problem here, not the groups.

There is no need for this "It's mine, it's yours!"   It should be "It's ours and we do it as an example for the kids!"  Our children need to see how disagreements are handled, and this isn't working for them.  Approach the problem in cooperation instead of competition.  Remember, the community and the kids are learning from your actions.

1 hour ago, lavender said:

I didn't listen to what Jen said but I have her rather viscous emails where she admitted removing spring flowers from the pots and disparaged 26 years of hard work on the part of some dedicated volunteers. Volunteer who did what no one else would do free of charge plus having bought all the pots and plants. We have tens of thousands of dollars in these areas over the years.   Also the police report of her harassment. Want to see them? Maybe our budget for each area?

The Beautification Committee has 2 members Eddie Tate and Jen Jackson. This came from the interim director of the Downtown Group. Are they going to take over the care of the City Building, the library and Pershing Lot and the 4 beds on the walkway? DTEGC might be on the small side because we ask our member to work, but we have quite a few more members than that.  What if we take our "sour grapes elsewhere? Those areas would be overgrown with weeds in 2 months. We would have welcomed the help if she had asked. She didn't.  We stay out of politics but anyone who would attack a group of volunteers who have asked for noting and have given so much of their time to beautify the community is pretty low. Proof in writing. I have it. Opinion isn't fact. 

Oh, and if anyone is saying that we do a lousy job check the pictures of the beds on our facebook page.  

The much disparaged Pershing Lot on which we do such a lousy job.

brady.jpg

This is small potatoes compared to the money that allegedly is gone!

34 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

This is small potatoes compared to the money that allegedly is gone!

Oh, I agree and I am not the one who made it public. Who was that I wonder? We tried to deal with it discreetly and in a reasonable manner on our own with very poor results (it was capitulation or else) and then went to the owners of the property   I do reserve the right to defend against slander. We are not all that happy with the current regime in the city. They have done things that have made us very unhappy and we have a real whopper of a problem with them right now. Yes, we are using "cooperation" not "competition" tactics.:rolleyes:  The day they say we can't work on the project(s) we are currently doing we will cheerfully desert them all and find something else to do. It can't be to hard to find something to do when we provide all of the labor free and also fund the projects. We are fools by any definition.

True, at least get some replacements in there to handle the business and then keep a strict eye on them to see how they do.  If their goal isn't the betterment and peace of the citizens and good responsible maintenance of the city property, then you will probably see them primping or posturing which just brings attention to themselves.  Make a note to get rid of that person.

Anyone who has already been in there and saw nothing wasn't watching.  They need to be gone!