GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

As I said, I don't have a dog in this story but it is interesting.  These are the things I try to remember while reading the posts

I------->

Won't underestimate a woman.

Won't underestimate a highly educated women

Won't underestimate a woman who is not poor by any means

Won't underestimate a women with a very extensive family name who has been in the law business forever.

Won't underestimate a powerful determined rich, educated, well known woman when i don' know all the facts.

Have a hard time believing that a woman with all these attributes would allow herself to get backed into a corner that she created. That makes no sense at all. 

BUT BUT BUTT it is an interesting morning past time.

On 4/15/2023 at 11:55 AM, BillyC said:

The Gypsy still doesn't think anything is wrong. And she feels slighted she wasn't asked to testify in front of the grand jury.

I always said they were Gypsies...
No one ever believed me.
Thank you Jaman for your comment; You make me smile.
I may not voice my opinion often; but, I read and lurk here all the time.
I've never been a fan of the 'Gypsies'...
They are posers.
They always will be.
The person that works and gets their hands dirty, and has callouses on their hands, and blisters on their thumbs are the REAL people in this world.
The Gypsy will stand by the 'Thug' for eternity; their bond goes way back... way back to the mid 1960s.

I have never trusted him, or her.
NOT EVER, and I'm not a spring chicken.
Might I say; my family has known the gypsy and thug since the mid 60s as well.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, fedup said:

My first post in this thread was asking if Herm was a Conservative or a Liberal? Answer--Conservative. I decided to pay attention to my spidy senses after that. I decided that this whole deal bares watching even though I have no dog in this hunt because I do not live in Dubois. MY dog is the same as it always is. Liberals.  I don't know how much more info people needs to see and hear before they understand that their Liberal DOJ is crooked from top to bottom and no non-Liberal is safe from their crooked power. My second question was, how can one person hide that much income over and above their normal income for so long?????  I don't know the answer to that but it needs asked. 

As far as I know, Herm could be as guilty as one can be or is there more to the story???? I will be paying attention to our crooked Liberal government at work. 

I wonder if Herm ever donated money to Trump?  If so, he is toast. 

RINO...
[THEY] are RINO's.
They don't give a crap about anyone but themselves.
Its disgusting.

Just got home from tonight's city council meeting. I had heard what i'm going to say earlier today. A question was asked by a person giving the council notice that there is knowledge that the city of DuBois has paid almost 250K to Herms attorneys for his defense so far. Naturally the council would not reply because it needs to be asked in a different manner. Called the right to know. See what happens next.

8 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Just got home from tonight's city council meeting. I had heard what i'm going to say earlier today. A question was asked by a person giving the council notice that there is knowledge that the city of DuBois has paid almost 250K to Herms attorneys for his defense so far. Naturally the council would not reply because it needs to be asked in a different manner. Called the right to know. See what happens next.

And how about that Forensic Audit? from the time they raided his house to the time the arrested him a lot fixing could have gone on. And a Few council members were seen disposing of documents in a dumpster. Not near City Hall.

4 hours ago, BillyC said:

I am curious about why the city would pay anything for his attorney.  This is about him, not the city supposedly.  The money they are using is probably city taxpayer money or do they have a slush fund for things like that?

On 3/20/2023 at 10:02 AM, block said:

And wonder what happens now?  They had just extended his contract as City Manager...

is this why the city is spending money for his defense ( if they really are ) ?.... Your residents tax dollars are embedded in this story all over the place. 

I would like to see the judicial process play out.  All accused need to face their accusers.  This whole area is mired down with an "Animal House" style double secret probation, where no one understands exactly what is going on and have been told even less.  The "concerned citizens" need to show their face.   The DuBois city government needs to quit acting as if they have something to hide.

Incidentally, as a DuBois resident, I voted for consolidation.  

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

I would like to see the judicial process play out.  All accused need to face their accusers.  This whole area is mired down with an "Animal House" style double secret probation, where no one understands exactly what is going on and have been told even less.  The "concerned citizens" need to show their face.   The DuBois city government needs to quit acting as if they have something to hide.

Incidentally, as a DuBois resident, I voted for consolidation.  

The city council and the solicitor want to give everyone the impression that they have no idea what's going on either.

United Way acted like they had to!!! , spokes person for them spoke like she knew differently at city council or at least in interview ( she is not helping the defense at all by her flip flopped views made public ) .....what about that subpoena she got served in a clandestine lot and turned down their " REQUEST ? to appear " ???......

28 minutes ago, redmill said:

United Way acted like they had to!!! , spokes person for them spoke like she knew differently at city council or at least in interview ( she is not helping the defense at all by her flip flopped views made public ) .....what about that subpoena she got served in a clandestine lot and turned down their " REQUEST ? to appear " ???......

Do you mean Gabriel? How do you turn down a subpoena?

**** BREAKING

Major Source confirms for me this morning that indeed the City of DuBois has made at least one payment on behalf of our on-leave City Managers legal fees.

Vote was March 27th. The vote was 4-1 to approve the payment.

Currently our City Council approves receipts in an envelope but do not tell us what's in it or the amount of the bills. (That clearly needs to change.)

I'm baffled why they didn't want to answer Jennifer Jackson's question last night  

The source absolutely cares about our city and wants to do the right thing for the people of our city.

Jennifer still has a right to know filed with the city so we will wait for that info as well.

#answerthequestions

25 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

After reading the Courier article, it appears that Ron Trzyna is very emotionally vested into this.  Is this sour grapes for himself being a horrible city manager and quitting on the city?

Trzyna was not a horrible city manager. He did a good job while he was there and moved on to something better. He is speaking up because he knows more about the job than most of us would since he once did it.