GoDuBois.com

Sheetz cheap gas

leahbarn

Washington state’s nation-leading gasoline prices should serve as a warning.

Washington's Climate Commitment Act is big reason for 35 to 52 cent jump in gas prices.  Many proponents of the Climate Commitment Act predicted the price increases and asserted that the extra pain at the pump is needed to wean drivers away from gasoline and fight climate change.  Seattle $4.96 a gallon now.

Hubby and I always get our gas at Jim's Atlantic, a local family business that has been there for many years.  They are citizens, friends and neighbors who spend their money locally.  Unless it got way higher than big gas, I would still get my gas there.

You pull in, they come out to pump your gas, they smile and sometimes give you a loaf of Zucchini Bread.  You can get your oil changed there with a smile and no line up.  The good old days are still here if you look for them.  Don't expect mega advertising, just gas pumped for you.

11 hours ago, Petee said:

Hubby and I always get our gas at Jim's Atlantic, a local family business that has been there for many years.  They are citizens, friends and neighbors who spend their money locally.  Unless it got way higher than big gas, I would still get my gas there.

You pull in, they come out to pump your gas, they smile and sometimes give you a loaf of Zucchini Bread.  You can get your oil changed there with a smile and no line up.  The good old days are still here if you look for them.  Don't expect mega advertising, just gas pumped for you.

I buy almost all of my local gas at Mike's Eastside Sunoco here in Brookville(same Mike that used to own the grocery store).    When I'm out & abouts, it is Sheetz.  ...it is at least a PA owned business. $0.03 normal discount with my pump-first card, and when I rack up a crap load of points they will occasionally give me a $0.20 to $0.30 discount on top of that.   And I rack up points fast with how much I spend at Sheetz from Meyersdale to Warren, Altoona to New Castle.  Lots of driving for work.  Presently at 6337 points, that is after a regularly getting free coffees, pops, cookies, etc while I'm traveling.

5 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

I buy almost all of my local gas at Mike's Eastside Sunoco here in Brookville(same Mike that used to own the grocery store).    When I'm out & abouts, it is Sheetz.  ...it is at least a PA owned business. $0.03 normal discount with my pump-first card, and when I rack up a crap load of points they will occasionally give me a $0.20 to $0.30 discount on top of that.   And I rack up points fast with how much I spend at Sheetz from Meyersdale to Warren, Altoona to New Castle.  Lots of driving for work.  Presently at 6337 points, that is after a regularly getting free coffees, pops, cookies, etc while I'm traveling.

Excellent, I used to be on the road constantly.  It's a rough life most times. It's great your finding some perks for your time.