GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

8 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Waste Management's payments to Sandy Township benefits all the taxpayers since it is part of the yearly budget. Not sure  who in DuBois City first decided to use the money as a unaudited piggy bank. 

And there is my problem with this crooked idea. Contractors should not be paying those who hire them. It's supposed to be the other way around.  

And the contractor says "don't we hand you FREE MONEY every year"?    That loud boom you just heard is the door being kicked wide open for any kind of cheating.  Dubois appears to have been proving my point. 

On 5/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, fedup said:

And there is my problem with this crooked idea. Contractors should not be paying those who hire them. It's supposed to be the other way around.  

And the contractor says "don't we hand you FREE MONEY every year"?    That loud boom you just heard is the door being kicked wide open for any kind of cheating.  Dubois appears to have been proving my point. 

It could depend on the contract. My guess they could also be selling scrap for the city and they are giving the proceeds of the scrap.    Another thing is the city might have a contract for example 100,000 tons of trash but only received 80,000 tons so they repay them the difference.  That's just my guess but I'm not sure

On 5/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, redmill said:

That whole city council needs replaced , along with counselor and mgr....election day is coming fast , " Show them you mean business "....as one ad put it.

Or as Fedup says, continue to complain for the same government you vote  for. If it happens this time, this area is set back another generation.

Question?  From the embankment there should have been a LOT of interlocking wall blocks, plus the bricks that people donated with their names on them.  Where did they go?  They were not trash.

1 minute ago, Petee said:

Question?  From the embankment there should have been a LOT of interlocking wall blocks, plus the bricks that people donated with their names on them.  Where did they go?  They were not trash.

Didn't realize about the donated names. HOWEVER I have been wondering exactly how those walls were placed to make sure (short of a natural disaster} (not considering a heavy rain either} that the complete system doesn't end up at the bottom of 255

34 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Didn't realize about the donated names. HOWEVER I have been wondering exactly how those walls were placed to make sure (short of a natural disaster} (not considering a heavy rain either} that the complete system doesn't end up at the bottom of 255

They have to interlock some way because that was all fill behind the wall which will move.  I'm more curious about the crooked spot in the wall on the left that they say isn't there.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, redmill said:

That whole city council needs replaced , along with counselor and mgr....election day is coming fast , " Show them you mean business "....as one ad put it.

You can vote out the mayor and two council members on the 16th. 

write in Jackson, Gelfand for Council and Reasinger for mayor 

56 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Plus i should add that she was asked by the council to not attend tonight.

Sounds ironic from the one who defied 2 Grand Jury Supeonaes. So  where was their onsite legal counsel? You need to have someone their for legal clarification. But of course, they already knew this. No business could then be officially conducted. All of them need to be removed and start over. Until I see more indictments, nothing is going to change.

1 hour ago, BillyC said:

At the start of the council meeting tonight Shannon Gabriel made a motion to immediately remove Toni Cherry from her position and no one else would second her motion. Why is the rest of the afraid of her?

Plus what is the deal with a $100,000  coming from the United Way last week via Toni and being placed in a DuBois city account?

6 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Plus what is the deal with a $100,000  coming from the United Way last week via Toni and being placed in a DuBois city account?

Waiting for how she's going to reply to that

4 hours ago, BillyC said:

Waiting for how she's going to reply to that

So a fortune teller in a Gypsy wagon rides into town and plops a hundred grand ( untraceable at that ) down to make everything awright again.... from what bank ? from a contractor ? from a person of interest ? from a good neighbor..state farms is there !!!!

24 minutes ago, redmill said:

So a fortune teller in a Gypsy wagon rides into town and plops a hundred grand ( untraceable at that ) down to make everything awright again.... from what bank ? from a contractor ? from a person of interest ? from a good neighbor..state farms is there !!!!

Think...."George Soros"

I don't know Ms Gabriel, or any of the other city council members, but what if she (Ms Gabriel) made that motion knowing it would not be seconded. Just wondering if, with all the turmoil and uproar calling for council to be completely replaced, she wants to appear to be the only one there on the side of the taxpayers so she stands a chance of retaining her seat. Just wondering???

On 5/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, BigT said:

My question about the whole $270,000 is that just the retainer fee or is it for work that the law firm has already done.

I know that a law firm that specializes in civil law charges somewhere in the $300 per hour range for the lawyers time. What does a good criminal lawyer charge per hour?

Read today's front page of the Altoona Mirror. And that doesnt include the running total of Herm's criminal  legal fees. There's your $270,000.

11 minutes ago, Smokey said:

I don't know Ms Gabriel, or any of the other city council members, but what if she (Ms Gabriel) made that motion knowing it would not be seconded. Just wondering if, with all the turmoil and uproar calling for council to be completely replaced, she wants to appear to be the only one there on the side of the taxpayers so she stands a chance of retaining her seat. Just wondering???

if that was the case.....someone else would have 2nd it so they too might get reelected

On 5/7/2023 at 4:31 PM, BillyC said:

I dont understand how the Donated Stones disappearing has to do with the topic it is with..BUT YES..where are those stones?!!  People paid for those with good faith in honor of a loved one