GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

5 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

So I would assume that Jen Jackson, Elliott Gelfand, and Pat Reasinger plan to pass on the free insurance if they win since they want to clean DuBois up?

Jen Jackson has already said that she will pass on the insurance and will donate her salary. I will check on the others. I think more questions will be asked on how the insurance program was added for the DuBois Council since it should of been publicized .  

I am sure they would pass. They ran before knowing there was this perk - which needs to end now! This makes me wonder what else the council and friends got that the taxpayers funded. And how did no one know? The names are sent to the insurance company by SOMEONE. How else do the companies and city know who is covered by the health insurance. I am sure someone in city hall knew when those names were added and when they came up for renewal each year. 

And speaking of quiet - why do we not hear on the local radio stations news reports about city council? Am I missing them somehow? 

33 minutes ago, gc said:

I am sure they would pass. They ran before knowing there was this perk - which needs to end now! This makes me wonder what else the council and friends got that the taxpayers funded. And how did no one know? The names are sent to the insurance company by SOMEONE. How else do the companies and city know who is covered by the health insurance. I am sure someone in city hall knew when those names were added and when they came up for renewal each year. 

And speaking of quiet - why do we not hear on the local radio stations news reports about city council? Am I missing them somehow? 

Altoona and State College are on top of it. Im waiting  for the Pittsburgh Media to pick up the story and then its going to break real loose. Maybe even Nationally. A City Manager, mayor and the whole City Council.

2 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

So I would assume that Jen Jackson, Elliott Gelfand, and Pat Reasinger plan to pass on the free insurance if they win since they want to clean DuBois up?

I would assume that since they are all gainfully employed elsewhere they already have insurance.

2 hours ago, gc said:

I think everyone in this town has been trained over the years to not open their mouths.  First, it has been a waste of breath, second, everyone is so entrenched in secrecy that you have no idea who is on which side, and the side of justice has been closed also!  If you have a job at which you could spread news, then you would have had your boss, other employees and outside sources to deal with.  At the wage paid locally, you can't afford to lose your job, especially if it's in Journalism. All the local news sources are connected and in the same boat.  How are they to sort out news when it's so deep underground that no one else knows it.

22 minutes ago, etink3908 said:

And what happens if the AG does have the paperwork? It's a royal mess. It's ugly. Sides locally  have been drawn in the sand.

I keep hearing on TV JOsh Shapiro has presidential or Vice President ambitions. If it does indict  and convict most of the players, that's quite a score for Josh Shapiro to tell people.

4 minutes ago, Basset3 said:

Along similar lines...didn't two women who worked for the Dubois Area Transit get nabbed for stealing funds from the transit authority back around circa 2008?

I believe so. You know how the old story goes. It's pretty easy to steal (or pilfer or cook the books or shift funds or whatever other excuse you want to try to use) until you get caught.

I don't understand how this happens or how this is legal- to write a check to the United Way for a large amount as a charitable donation(according to previous article it was to avoid paying taxes) and then move it to a fund for a ball field.  

I never realized the United Way was for building ball fields. 

And now, they didn't know they had all this cash?  Add to the issue of the Fire company that didn't know they were missing a lot of money.

I really will think twice before giving to charity events in the future. 

8 hours ago, jaman said:

And what happens if the AG does have the paperwork? It's a royal mess. It's ugly. Sides locally  have been drawn in the sand.

I keep hearing on TV JOsh Shapiro has presidential or Vice President ambitions. If it does indict  and convict most of the players, that's quite a score for Josh Shapiro to tell people.

if he does I hope he doesn't win

Just to let you know, you guys are not the only ones with crooks.

PRESS RELEASE

Lynn Haven Mayor and City Attorney Indicted For Corruption And Fraud Charges Stemming From Hurricane Michael Clean-up Activities

Edited by fedup

Word is:

DuBois City Council is going into some kind of "Emergency" Executive Session in 10 minutes on this early Saturday morning. (9am)

I'm unaware of a time they've done this.on a Saturday.

Are they going to do the right thing for our City and terminate the services of our Solicitor and former city manager? (Cease payments too)

We are going to find out if they finally have the backbone to say enough.

1 hour ago, block said:

Word is:

DuBois City Council is going into some kind of "Emergency" Executive Session in 10 minutes on this early Saturday morning. (9am)

I'm unaware of a time they've done this.on a Saturday.

Are they going to do the right thing for our City and terminate the services of our Solicitor and former city manager? (Cease payments too)

We are going to find out if they finally have the backbone to say enough.

Was the public given adequate notice?

1 hour ago, fedup said:

Does government entities actually have rules they are required to follow????

Be still, my fingers, be still.

As long as they want their decisions to be legal and not challenged, they do.  The IRS loves any financial decision made without the members' knowledge.

Seems that even in a small Florida town of only 100 they have the same problems as DuBois.

Otter Creek Florida pretty much sounds like DuBois except not as many people.

In Otter Creek the Mayor and town clerk shut down a council meeting and has closed the build for the past week. There were supposed to be two new council members sworn in and a new Mayor chosen but their good ole boy network shut down everything so they couldn't haha.

Now those towns people are starting to wake up also to the corruption of funds etc.

I think people across the US need to look into their local governments and keep those in charge in check when it comes to their tax dollar money, etc and the bills that they pay.