GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

39 minutes ago, beechboy said:

There should be clarification. Is Toni Cherry the city's attorney or Herm Suplizio's attorney. 

She's supposed to be the city's attorney .  she does speak highly of herm.  Hopefully the lines aren't blurred but that probably is wishful thinking.

Maybe someone can answer?  Will he be able  to work as City Manager until his actual hearing?  What process would be appropriate to remove him from his position?  Rumor is he worked today to me that's a joke!

15 minutes ago, block said:

Maybe someone can answer?  Will he be able  to work as City Manager until his actual hearing?  What process would be appropriate to remove him from his position?  Rumor is he worked today to me that's a joke!

If he was the Sandy Township manager, the charges would have resulted in his immediate termination. The affidavit of probable cause shows a serious lack of internal accounting at the city.

56 minutes ago, block said:

Probably up to the city council and their internal regulations....

1 hour ago, block said:

Either working on his resume' or crafting his resignation....I'd go with the latter. 

6 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

did the secy know about community  days funds being skimmed from since it was only 2 people to have access to it, if so when did she know :popcorn:

I never understand how this stuff happens.  There are supposed to be audits conducted, is no one doing this? 

I guess I'm too simple minded. 

Found this:

[Amended 12-11-2006 by Ord. No. 1707]
A. 
The City Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the City of DuBois, appointed by a majority vote of the City Council. He/she shall serve at the discretion of the City. In addition thereto:
(1) 
The Manager shall be responsible to direct, supervise and manage the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the City, except the Volunteer Fire Department, which shall report directly to the Mayor and City Council.

So looks like the City council can just meet & vote to get rid of him, since he serves at their discretion.  

More in depth information was in the Courier Express on Tuesday? 😯

https://www.thecourierexpress.com/news/dubois-city-manager-accused-of-committing-over-620-000-in-fraudulent-transactions/article_8ea8f83c-c741-11ed-944b-5ba587c05460.html

Bad enough that he is accused of stealing money from the taxpayers of the City of DuBois and the people that donated to the United Way but to steal from the donations made to the volunteer fire department that he was a long term member of shows that he has no scruples what so ever. 😡

1 hour ago, Eastman said:

More in depth information was in the Courier Express on Tuesday? 😯

https://www.thecourierexpress.com/news/dubois-city-manager-accused-of-committing-over-620-000-in-fraudulent-transactions/article_8ea8f83c-c741-11ed-944b-5ba587c05460.html

Bad enough that he is accused of stealing money from the taxpayers of the City of DuBois and the people that donated to the United Way but to steal from the donations made to the volunteer fire department that he was a long term member of shows that he has no scruples what so ever. 😡

And an ex fire chief.